Saturday, February 16

Designing (don't laugh)

We are putting together classes for the next two months at Unraveled. For some reason, that I can't think of right now, I got the idea that I wanted to teach beginning lace. Ok, nothing wrong with that, but then I decided that I wanted to have my own lace scarf pattern for the class.



Ok, what was i thinking. I spent pretty much the entire day yesterday going through stitch pattern books and online resources, doing the math, and doing the charting. I came up with something that works really well mathematically but now that I have a few inches knitted I don't like it. I could have just found a nice "all over" pattern, add a little boarder and be done with it. But no, I was doing something asymmetrical, because that is that type of girl I am, (a little off on one side). The lines of the two main patterns are too much alike and I don't like it.
So now I have the choice to start over or use the Fiber Trends Cocoon Lace Pattern AC-73 by lace master Evelyn Clark.

Yup, I think I am going to choose "Cocooning" and go back to my Lady E! Decision made? Stay tuned.

Speaking of Lady E, she is out of hybernation and almost done. I have just under 2 skeins left.












Next up is Mom's Christmas Present. Argyle Golf Club Covers. She is going to be golfing again in Utah before I know it so I have to get going on these.

4 comments:

mehitabel said...

Oh, pretty Lady E! I love that colorway of Noro!! And your lace scarf is looking good, but I do understand the feeling of having something come out way different than what you imagined!

Anonymous said...

I can see where your pattern may be a bit disappointing, but if you were to mirror each section in the other direction, I could see it making a great scarf or stole.

Lisa said...

Well, you gave it the old college try! I'm sure you'd be able to come up with something fabulous, but there are a lot of good patterns out there. no muss, no fuss, no graph paper causing headaches!

Annette said...

Designing on a deadline is stressful. Do it just for fun and you'll come up with something you love. The Cocoon Lace Scarf is a good alternative. I made one and enjoyed the pattern. And you Lady E - gorgeous!