Monday, March 29

Dream Knitting


My taste in knitting changes a lot once the days get longer and warmer. I think many of us feel that change especially here in So Cal where the weather can be warm for half of the year.

Since I have just spent the last couple of weeks getting things off my needles I feel I can indulge myself in some "Dream Knitting".

Dream knitting: The gigantic queue of ideas that one creates with a real since that one could actually complete all the projects in such a queue within a proportionately small amount of time.

Shhh...... I am dreaming........


Yarn Dreaming:

It starts with a list of wonderful new summer yarns that I need to get my hands on and then find something wonderful to knit with them. Some of my favorite summer yarns right now are linked below. But there are soooooo many to chose from you could knit all summer and not have time to knit with all that is available.

Tahki Yarns Replay 100% recycled cotton

Tahki Yarns Good Earth Cotton 100% organic cotton in natural cotton colors

Rowan Purelife Revive 36% Recylced Silk/ 36% Recycled Cotton/ 28% Recycled Viscose in a tweed!

Misti Alpaca Tonos Pima Silk 83% Peruvian Pima Cotton and 17% silk. Hhand dyed in tonal colors. Love this!

Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy 40% Hemp/40% Cotton/20% Modal

Rowan Lenpur linen 75% Vi Lenpur/25% Linen What is Lenpur?????

Kolláge Yarns Milky Whey 50% Milk/50% Soy Great Colors


The Dream Continues: Summer Tops


Berroco's Peltigera, I saw someone wearing this at Stitches and man was it cute!



Inamorata Little lace top from Knitty.com



ButterCup (rav) This is done with the Hempathy listed above. There is also one done with the Rowen Lenpur linen


Petrie I love the shape of this shell



The Lace Dream:
Anything Lace is another great choice for the summer. The best thing about lace is you can use just about any yarn you want and come up with something wonderful.

There are so many choices out there it is really hard to choose just one.

Art Lace Bag scroll down. This uses bulky yarn!


Vogue Knitting Cover Lace Wrap.
There are several people wanting to make this one. You could join us!! Actually there are a lot of really nice projects in the current issue of Vogue Knitting.


Summit from the new Knitty.


Citron Not really lace but such a nice useful project for the summer. Out of bamboo??


Emily Dickinson with beads. Beads added to any lace is a beautiful thing!!



Crochet Dreaming:

My fancy often turns to crochet this time of year. Small projects for the home. They are fast and portable. The beach is always calling and crocheting with cotton is the perfect beach project. Here are a few fun projects that might be seen on my hooks soon.

Wavelength (rav)


Trinity Lace Shrug (rav)


Disc-Disc (rav) hotpads


Tiny Pin Cushion


I might start a motif blanket. I have wanted to do that for a couple of years.

Garnet Hill Inspried (rav)



Sock Dreams:

They are the perfect summer knit and your toes will thank you come next winter.

Nebula


Toe-Up Bayerische


Drops 100-20 socks


Get Rid of Terrible Sock Yarn. How cool are these!


Skew



Shhhhhhh......

I hear you mumbling about how I will never get this all done.

Shhhhhh.......

I am still enjoying all the possibilities and the options. This might be one of my favorite parts of knitting.
Dreaming it all up and changing my mind constantly about what yarns I want to use for which pattern.

Shhhh..... I won't tell anyone.....

What are your Knitting Dreams???

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi there! I like all of these and have faved most of them on Ravelry. A couple of comments: 1st, it IS dreaming to say that it is "warm" here half of the year. If warm means, "melting the skin off your face, it is so hot." Secondly, the real name of Chain Letters is the Wavelength. I have one about half done.

Annette said...

Oh, I love dream knitting too! I get much more done in my dreams than in real life. ;) Right now I'm dreaming of beautiful lace shawls - lots of them. Keep dreaming!

Kannan said...

Great post.