Friday, November 5

Exercise while Spinning



I have often thought that I should make myself exercise before knitting.

Did you know there is even a Blog with that name?

So far I have not been able to hold myself to that ideal.

I do set a timer when I am knitting for any length of time and get up and do something around the house for 15 min out of each hour. I actually love spending an afternoon like that. I get a lot of knitting done and I get house work done. The best is that there is no guilt spending the afternoon knitting.

Over the past years I have set another boundary I have lived up to.

Thou Shalt Not Look at or even Think about Spinning.

I do know how to spin using a spindle. I learned as a Waldorf Teacher years ago and taught it to the children.

I Love spinning.
I Love working with the fiber and the colors.
I Love the peace it give me as I spin.

After years of other crafty endeavors I have become self-aware enough to know that I would be Obsessed with spinning and it's wonderful supplies would fill my home and time would be even more fleeting.

But thanks to Cat Bordhi I may have found the perfect justification to break my self-impossed exile without guilt. After all, if there is no guilt there is no problem, right?



How does someone come up with these things as they are drifting off to sleep?

So here is my idea:

I could knit for 45 min. and then spin for 15 min. and have it all!!

I can have it all!
No, really, I can!!






1 comment:

Annette said...

LOL - I won't allow myself to learn to spin either. I love knitting too much and from what I hear, once you learn, you prefer spinning over knitting. Plus, I can't bring more fiber and equipment into the house. I know signs of a new obsession when I see them. ;) I'll enjoy seeing your handspun yarn though!