Friday, July 21

Great Day


I had a great day! We are having a sale at Uraveled through tomorrow. Many of my SnB group came this morning. I had so much fun helping them spend their money.

I love working at a yarn store!!

I also brought in all my finished Shrugs and we talked the beautiful Mary into modeling for the pictures.

The Finished Projects Extravaganza


Bergamo Shrug from Weekend Knits
I used Cash Soft by Rowen
color Poppy
There were no modifications. I loved using this yarn it feels like butter and drapes really nice.


Crochet Shrug





Pattern is the Cover of the Tahki Stacy Spring Crochet Book
Yarn: I used Blue Heron Cotton/Rayon Tape
Color: Old Gold
Kertzer Kitty Railroad yarn
Color: Stain

Modifications: I made the small shrug. I didn't have enough yarn to do two rounds of the trim. But it looks fine with one. If you make the larger size you will have enough for the trim.

The railroad yarn adds a lot to the look of the shrug. It is a great way to use railroad to spark things up.

Last but not Least:

The Twisted Float Shrug







Pattern is from the Fall issue of Vogue - the cover

Yarn: Lorna Laces shepherd Worsted Superwash

Modification: none. But the next one I make I will make the circle larger so the shrug is longer.

There is a good picture of this on the Twisted Float Shrug KAL

Now it is time to figure out what to make Mom for Christmas. Have no clue. But it is too blessed hot to do much but socks. But as we discussed at the last SnB

"I am not a sock knitter" wink wink

4 comments:

mary said...

Your FOs are beautiful, but ACK! that model! It's so weird to click on a blog and see your own face sooooo big on it. It was fun today, wasn't it? Thanks for laughing at... er I mean, with me during my yarn obsession.

mehitabel said...

Wow! Lots of FO's and such a cute model! That Twisted Float Shrug is really fabulous! Now that I've seen two of them in person (Azusa Marie's is wonderful) it's going to be even harder for me to resist trying one!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful FOs! You do such lovely work.

Great to visit with you and the Pasadena SnBers on Friday.

Stay cool, m'dear.

Anonymous said...

I don't know which is prettier, Mary or your creations. LOL What beautiful projects you have made, Fay Lynn. Just gorgeous!!!