Tuesday, January 2

January Quiet

I don't make resolutions for the New Year. It is such a set up for failure.
I do stop eating so much sugar. But that is because I am actually sick of it right now.

What happens to me this time of year is the overwhelming need to
de-clutter Everything!!

Right now it is a compulsion. Yes I have many compulsions, not just Knitting.

First I have to take down Christmas which I have so enjoyed over the last few weeks.







Yet it has worn out it's welcome and it is time for the feeling of space that resides in my living room when it has all been packed away. .

I am itching to get to the basement and clean it out so that there will be open space for items as I de-clutter the rest of the rooms and closets.





I couldn't wait to start this process (I told you it was a compulsion) so I spent New Years watching USC WIN!!! And going through all my knitting magazine and patterns.



See, lots of room for all the magazines and patterns of 2007!


But alas I have only two days before I am away for 10 days (for fun, family, snow, TNNA classes, and an overwhelming amount of Fondeling Yarn). I sure hope this feeling stays with me and the motivation will still be here when I get home on the 15th.

Farewell to a Wonderful Season and Welcome to January 2007 and the quiet and space this month always brings.

6 comments:

Madge said...

Happy 2007! It's here, and I hope it brings you lots of knitting enjoyment.

Good luck with the organizing. I do the same thing this time of year - doesn't it feel good to spruce things up?

Bon voyage! (oh, I want to hear all about your trip when you return)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I agree with everything exc. for the SC comment :-)However, since you posted the photo of your basement, I do know you ARE the missing Ward sister!! Only problem is, my whole house looks like that.
Happy New Year my friend-here's to a ton of great yarns in 2007!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I agree with everything exc. for the SC comment :-)However, since you posted the photo of your basement, I do know you ARE the missing Ward sister!! Only problem is, my whole house looks like that.
Happy New Year my friend-here's to a ton of great yarns in 2007!

mehitabel said...

What is it about this time of year that compels us to clean and organize? Isn't it supposed to be SPRING cleaning? Anyway, your trips sound like a lot of fun, and it will be great to hear about them over a cup of good coffee and some knitting needles!

Annette said...

Happy New Year Fay Lynn!!!

Have a great vacation. I can't wait to hear about TNNA!

I'm off to pack up my Christmas decorations too.

Anonymous said...

Love the update. Forgot about the skiing. Will call re:my Thursday visit to unravelled.
Hugs - great laughing and I love all the additions. Ahhh January!