Monday, January 17

What have I been Knitting?

I love January. It is such a quiet month. The house feels quiet after putting away all the christmas decorations. Outside feels quiet with the cooler weather. My knitting feels quiet after the mad dash to get everything done in time to mail and to put under the tree. My knitting is so quiet I am having a hard time finding something that I really want to knit. A bit of a stooper I would say.

Camera to the rescue. Time to take pictures of finished projects and show them off.

Socks for The Marvelman


This is actually the first thing I have knit for the Marvelman. You see he is a surfer. The dress code for all surfers is shorts, t-shirts and flip flops. Where would a knit garment fit into that I ask you. But the last few months he started to ask for a pair of socks. I decided that I could make him a pair to wear around the house, I don't like the sock flip flop look so no toes in these socks. Of course they had to be red. 
Yarn: Jitterbug "Vatican Pie" and misty alpaca sport. I needed gray and that is all I had. I hope it doesn't wear out to fast. 
He loves loves loves his socks. They have been seen peaking out from underneath his black slacks and loafers!!

Gloves for Mom and my Sisters, 

I really enjoyed making these and the stretchy fabric makes them an easy fit. They are the Ringwood pattern from knitty.  


I blogged about these here. But here they all are done and beautiful.  





These are made with socks that rocks light weight. The color is Peaseblossom. I am pretty happy with the way they came out. This sister loves color and I new a solid pair of gloves would not be for her. These are just right. The buttons are vintage mother of pearl. 




The last pair is made with Madelinetosh dk, color tart. I really loves these too. The color is so wonderful. 

Yes, I need to knit one more pair for myself, maybe that is the next project to jump onto my needles. 


My Leaf Print Fingerless Gloves and they are knit with Mink!




Yes these are all mine. It was really cold all of December and these got a lot of use. Mink yarn you ask? Yup, Great Northern Yarn Company has yarn with a mink and merino blend. I love these. They are soft and the mink gives them a really nice halo. I have warn these a lot and they show no pilling!

Another yarn that I am totally head over heels about is Shelter.  This is the brain child of Brooklyn Tweed. It is completely sourced in the United States and is woolen spun yarn
Pattern is Saroyan



I had never really had any woolen spun yarn before and always thought it would be to "wooly" for So. Cal.  How wrong I was. This yarn is very light weight. It has a lot more air in it because of the spin. I wore this non-stop during the cold December. I wore it the house, (I do keep my house cold) and out side with my sweater. It didn't itch the back of neck and never got "heavy".  I can not wait to make a sweater with this yarn. 

I think that about does it for the finished garments. As I said I am a little stumped at what I want to knit next. The weather has heated up to 80 the last few days so that is making difficult to knit something really wooly. 

I have decided to do a lot of knitting for the house this year and I have a new knitting chair!
I am losing weight (weight watchers with some of my knitter friends) and don't want to knit any sweaters right now. So the house is the perfect solution. 



I have a new knitting chair I found on Craigs Lists for $25. It needs to be painted ( green, peacock blue?) and a cushion, but it is very comfortable. 

I could knit a cushion or Maybe some of these will find my needles soon. 
What are you wanting to knit this year?

No comments: