Monday, October 29

I Feel the Need....

I Feel the Need For Color. Not just the easy kind where the yarn does all the work for you. I have had enough of that lately (see the BSJ below).
Not the kind where you just switch between two yarns every two rows, ie: chevron scarf,


mistake ribs scarves,

self fridging shawls .

No I am in the need of real color done by switching the yarn stitch by stitch......yes that is right, I am going to the "Fair Island" of Fairisle knitting and I am going to tackel the "Composed Mitts" in the current Fall 2007 IK magazine. I have been itching to do fairisle for a while now and so there is no time like the present.



I am going to be using Berroco Ultra Alpaca light in 5 colors. Not sure I will stick with these colors but I will start with them.



On the finishing front, Here is BSJ #4. I think this is the wild and crazy one.


No, but wait, I still have a BSJ on my needles all in white.
Someone save me from myself. Or I know who can help.......
just send Bunny Killa after me?

Color on my terms, here I come!!

3 comments:

mary said...

That Bunny Killa is one baaaad mo-fo, so watch out! I feel so behind in the chevron scarf and bsj craze. Yours are beauts. Gotta get my color act together!

Larry said...

It was so much fun to have you stop by and knit with us yesterday. Hope you get to come back often. It always brightens my day when friends come by, just to sit and knit and say hello. And I do like the plain vanilla bsj, but then I'm not the one who has already knit a bazillion bsj.

Janice Rosema said...

You are some wild and crazy gangsta knittas. You all look suspiciously familiar in spite of the hoods but nice try. I have yet to succumb to the BSJ craze but you finally got me going on a chevron scarf. I guess I'm just a wanna be.