Monday, October 15

Star Sighting

I got to be a Beverly Hills tourist today. S and I went to do some mundain dermotology stuff, Booooring, right?
But, since she used to work in the heart of Beverly Hills that is where she still goes, some 10 years later.
So after making ourselves not so beautiful so we can be beauriful, we went shopping in some of the posh stores and for the first time in **&&^%&^% years I actually walked down Rodeo Dr.
Pretty boring actually, just a whole lot of very over priced things that I would never wear if you gave it to me. All boring except for the jewlery stores, I could so some seriouse damage in a few of them.

On the way back home from 90210, going out S's secret back way through the "hood" I see this woman, walking down the street, looking throug mail, black hat and long black coat and I think, " wow, that is a weird mailperson" . We get right up to her and realize that is was Diane Keaton!! I am not one to really get into these things. But, she is one of my Favs and so seeing her was actually exciting!



(this is a stock pic)



On the knitting side I am working on a cheveron scarf sample for the store out of wikiki from Crystal Palace (sort of a thin slubby yarn) and Karabella Lace Merino.



Two very different yarns, different weights and it is turning out really nice.



So don't be afraid to experiament with this pattern and different yarns.

3 comments:

mary said...

Wow, 2 posts in 1 week! You're getting our hopes up and have to keep up with it now. The chevron scarf looks great.

Janice Rosema said...

Be still my heart, so many adventures and on Rodeo Dr. even, very posh Fay Lynn. I agree about the jewelry stores there, it would be my downfall as well but since I have to make a choice on my budget, YARN WINS! Love your new chevron combo.

Lisa said...

Oh, thanks, Fay Lynn. I didn't have enough chevron scarf combos to choose from, now I have to add in Waikiki, one of my old favorite yarns! very bad girl. BTW, I never answered your question, and the Shibui came from WEBS.